Friday, January 29, 2016

Simply Me January



Welcome to another edition of the Simply Me series hosted by Liz of Sundays with Sophie...wait there's been a name change.  So be sure to check us out at J for Joiner and read more about the reason behind the name change.  

Each month, Liz presents us with a list a questions so you can learn more about us.  If you missed out on my previous posts you can read about them my Christmas Traditions and all about my firsts so you can catch up on all things me.

This month, of course, is all about the New Year so let’s get started.


We're at the end of January, and while I'm not a big fan of new year, new me, because I strive to make myself better every day....how are those new year resolutions going?  I am not one for making resolutions, but have started finding a word for the year.  I wrote about it in my first post for 2016 so instead of writing about it all over again, check it out for yourself. 

What are the big plans for this year?   I plan to start eating healthier and getting in shape...slowly getting there.  I am going on a cruise this summer and I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't taken a real vacation in years.  I have gone on field trips through school that would serve as my vacations or when I would go visit family and friends out of town, those were consider vacations as well.  This summer’s plans are a real vacation and I'm truly looking forward to it.  

This was a great vacation and we took a one day excursion to Morocco.  Yes, hanging out on the shores of Morocco. 

Are you where you wanted to be in life in 2016?  I am not fully where I would like to be in life, but I'm definitely working on it.  This one's a little personal so I'm going to leave it at that :)


While I like to look forward in life, let's jump back in 2015 for a moment, what was the best moment in 2015?  If I had to choose a best moment, it would have to be celebrating the 21st birthday of my twin boys. We are so close as a family and they are the joys of my life.  Take a look back at their birthday post to join in on the fun. 




Overall, I would like to say that 2015 had its fair share of ups and downs.  One thing that I'm happy to mention is that I've become more comfortable in my own skin.  I've opened up more and I'm learning to trust more.  This only helps me to be more positive and share positivity with others.

And lastly, what would be the best advice you'd like to give us for this New Year?  

Life is always full of surprises, some good and some bad.  Stay rooted with your values and pray.  Stay true to yourself because your happiness depends on it.  No one else can do you better than you, so why try to be something you're not.  

How is your year going so far?  Do you have an big plans?
Check out my Linking Up page to see where I'm sharing this post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment