Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Via Instagram

I can't believe that January is ending already.  The first month of the New Year flew right by us.  It has been a busy month for me as far as work is concerned.  We are busy completing IGPs (Individual Graduation Plans) and getting all 8th graders registered for high school.  We have 345 students between the three of us to complete this task.  Can you imagine how many meetings I've had with parents this month?   Now you can understand when I say I'm tired.  It can be mentally draining to have six hour-long meetings each day.  In the long run, it is all worth it.  It's why I do what I do.  It's all for my students and helping them to be the best they can be.

So, how has your January been?  Take a look at how I spent mine, outside of work.

A photo posted by sunshineandelephants (@sunshine.and.elephants) on

Many people do not set resolutions, but choose a word to focus on for the year.  Be sure to read all about mine here
Did you choose a word for the year?


I absolutely love Julep's beauty products!  It's one of the few subscription boxes I still subscribe to.  Their nail polish
is long lasting and really strengthens your nails.  They also come in an endless array of colors.
You can check it out for yourself through this link.
A photo posted by sunshineandelephants (@sunshine.and.elephants) on
I purchase this bottle from a personal wine tasting a friend hosted on her birthday and I saved it for my family's
 annual Christmas gathering.  Isn't the bottle just fitting for the occasion?

A photo posted by sunshineandelephants (@sunshine.and.elephants) on
I love the beautiful paintings that are created in the sky.  This one captured my attention one morning before work.

A photo posted by sunshineandelephants (@sunshine.and.elephants) on
Okay, sometimes you need to unwind after a hard day of work and that is exactly what me and my friends did.
Senor Tequila has the best food and they always aim to please!


Relaxing with some coffee on this cold Monday morning.  Thank you Dr. Martin Luther King for all you did and
sacrificed to make the world a better place.


I am now a huge fan of Biltmore's Cabernet.  It is absolutely delicious and goes well with a side of Ben!  :)


No, I do not have a problem and do not need to see anyone for help.  I did, however, win this nice prize pack through
a giveaway offered by our very own Cocktail Bandits.  These are two, young ladies from the Charleston area who
have really made a name for themselves in the beverage industry.  They are spirit enthusiasts who host cocktail
related events in the Charleston area.  Call them to cater your next event.

A video posted by sunshineandelephants (@sunshine.and.elephants) on
I was up early to meet my seventh graders that were taking the SAT as part of the Duke TIP talent search program.
This is actually a video so be sure to click on it to view.

So, I guess by now you can tell I love wine.  And, I know I'm not the only wine lover out there.  I have never been one
to subscribe to a wine club, but Club W is definitely one to consider.  Why don't you check it out and receive a
complimentary bottle on me!  (Please highlight the link and press open in new tab or go to in order to receive your discount.)
 https://www.clubw.com/w5n1unwsvx 

So how did you spend your January?  Share with me below.

Please visit my Linking Up page to see where I'm sharing this post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment