Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Wino Wednesday ~ Joy Cellars 2013 Malvasia

It's all about the holidays.

Celebrations and family.

Joy...The Savior's birth.

Hope your Christmas was a great one.  I can definitely say mine was.  My family and I spent Christmas eve together for our annual, family, game night gathering. We were small in number this year (17 of us) but we had a grand ole time nonetheless. 

I love spending time with family and we love a good wine.  Remember the reds I introduced in my last Wino Wednesday post? Yep, I'm with the same group of cousins.  This Christmas, I brought along a new wine that I tried at a friend's private tasting.  The bottle itself seemed so fitting for the occasion. 





Joy Cellars 2013 Malvasia, even the colors are festival.  I must say it's like a party in a bottle. 

My cousins and I enjoyed a glass while we caught up with everyone's lives since we last met.



The taste was such a unique blend that I found it hard to describe.  It reminded me of various spiced fruit, if that makes any sense.  Its light bodied and semi-dry, but with an intense fruity taste.  I definitely enjoyed it and would recommend it to others.  Although, it is priced at $21.00, it is certainly worth every penny.

The bottle itself didn't have any winemaker's notes, but online it states:

"Our Joy Cellars 2013 San Bernabe Malvasia was produced in the vineyards of San Bernabe in Monterey County. This Malvasia has some intense fruit flavors like peach, mango, passion fruit, guava and Meyer lemon. There is a nice kick of acidity and citrus flavors in the attack. The body is pleasant, fluid and almost sweet, a total display of what this varietal can offer. The finish is off-dry, mineral with pineapple, lemon and orange aromas. As Malvasia ages, the wine tends to take on more nutty aromas.  Enjoy it with baked poultry, baked seafood, fish with white sauce and creamy pasta dishes.  Cheeses such as Monterey, Cheddar, or Swiss also pair well with this wine." 




Well I don't know about you, but writing this post  got me all warm and fuzzy inside OR maybe it's the fact I was having another glass as I was writing this.  :)  Well we are still celebrating and I know that you are too and by the time you read this, it will be 2016...so CHEERS!!!  And, Happy New Year!  



Do you have a favorite wine you would like to share?  Join us monthly and link up by clicking the button below.  I always love recommendations.  Share with me in the comments below.


See where I'm sharing this post by visiting my Linking Up Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment