Thursday, December 3, 2015

Wino Wednesday ~Various Reds

It's Wino Wednesday (yes I know I'm a day late) and I was so ready to introduce you to a new wine I had saved just for the holidays.  I sampled it at a friend's wine tasting party earlier in the year. I enjoyed the taste and decided to purchase/order a bottle through a vendor from California and was really looking forward to sharing it with my family for Thanksgiving.  When the festivities began, everyone partook in the sangria that our younger cousin had made.  It was so delicious, we didn't need anything else with our meal for the day.



Later that evening, we began to enjoy some red wines, so a decision was made to hold out on my introduction until the next evening when it would be time for a first cousins evening of fun. I am sad to say that I never had the chance to share the experience of this delicious tasting bottle of Panache Lane Flamboyant.  Unfortunately, someone gifted themselves with it because the bottle was missing the next morning.  I was a little upset about this at first because I couldn't imagine someone taking it without asking the hostess...but life goes on.

Such a cute design!

Luckily, I took a few random photos of the reds we enjoyed on Thanksgiving evening so that's what I will be sharing with you today.

 
There was a red for everyone's enjoyment.  We began with a sweet, dessert wine...Rosa Imperiale, which paired well with the brie cheese dessert I made.  Did I mention we were having so much fun that I forgot to take a picture of it?  Well, it was delicious!  I baked a 16 oz brie covered with cranberries and walnuts.  It was similar to the one I'm eating tonight, except this one is made with apples and cinnamon.  


The Rosa Imperiale disappeared fast, so we decided to open the Vintage 2014 Meiomi Pinot Noir...awwwhhhh...it was so refreshing!  Meiomi (May-OH-mee) is derived from the California Wappo tribe language meaning "coast".  


The wine is a layered blend of the best vineyards along the California coast with berries taken from Santa Barbara, Sonoma, and Monterey  and crafted to create an unforgettable taste. 

My favorite of the evening was The Original Smoking Loon ~ Cabernet Sauvignon.


The back of the bottle tells a story all on its own.


I'm not sure who Jake is, but he definitely took care of business by delivering to us this warm and delicious wine for Thanksgiving.  If you are new to reds, I would recommend trying all three.  From dessert to semi-dry, your palette will not be disappointed.  

What wines are you drinking this month?



No comments:

Post a Comment