Friday, December 25, 2015

Simply Me December ~ Christmas Edition



Merry Christmas everyone!  Wow, I can't believe I'm saying that! Christmas really crept up on me this year!  At the moment,  I am recovering from the all the fun we had last night.  I hope Santa was good to all of you!






Today I am linking up with Liz from Sundays With Sophia for her Simply Me series.  

It's Christmas today, what are your holiday traditions?
To be honest, we never really had a holiday tradition until recently.  Growing up, my parents and I would always decorate the house and I would always be the first to wake up to start opening up gifts.  When my boys came along, we also would decorate the house together.  We would all wake up and open gifts together.  Special to us, but may just seem simple to others.  Over the past 10 years, our family began spending time together for Christmas Eve.  We all meet, in my hometown, at my cousin's house.  We play games, exchange gifts, eat, drink, and be merry.  Its a fun time had by all.  Okay, I began this post weeks ago and as time has passed more memories are coming back.  I forgot about the Christmas parties that my father's job would host each year for the children of the employees.  We would get together to watch a movie, visit with Santa, and receive a toy.  It was fun to get together with the other kids for the day.


Do you decorate the house?  What about those stockings?  Do you hang those?
I do decorate, but simplicity for me is the key.  We always put up a tree and typically go out to get a live one.  My boys and I decorate the tree together.  Stockings...Yes!  For a few years we did not because I didn't have anywhere to hang them.  Our current home does not have a fire place and I couldn't find a decent place to hang them from.  Last year, I improvised and used command hooks to hang them.  Things are back to normal now.  

What did you want for Christmas?  (If you post after Christmas, tell me if you got it)

You may not believe this, but I don't ever really look for much for Christmas.  Its all about the boys for me.  My joy is in giving!


What was the best Christmas gift you received?

The one thing I can remember is receiving a leather coat my senior year of high school.  I had my eye on this coat for months and was so excited when I got it.  Also, the year or two before, I received a gold, herringbone necklace.  It was one of my most prized possessions.  

Did you have everything you need in life?  

Did or do?  I would say as I was growing up that I did have everything I needed in life.  Now, there is a lot more to life for me to receive.  Most of all...I have family!  ;)


Well that's about it for me right now, tell me a little about you.  How are you spending your Christmas?  What fun and exciting things have you done in the last 24 hours?  No matter what we all have received or given, we must truly remember that Jesus is the reason for the season! God Bless!



See where I am Linking Up to share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment