Friday, July 31, 2015

Liebster Nomination

I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Heather of MamaMIA.

Thank you for the nomination!                                                             

To learn more about this award, you can click here.
Basically, its bloggers recognizing other bloggers as a way to encourage, connect and support each other and aid in the discovery of new and upcoming bloggers.
I accept this award by answering a few questions assigned to me.  But first, a few random facts about me…

I’m a Leo, Mom of twins, I love Breyers Vanilla Bean Ice cream (yum), My favorite dessert is Red Velvet cake.  I’m allergic to all trees (just my luck), My favorite symbols are the sun and elephants (Hence the name), I enjoy cooking, I was a cheerleader in high school, Played intramural volleyball in college, I attended Winthrop and S C State Universities, and I took piano lessons as a child.

My eleven questions to answer:

1 - How long have you been blogging?  As of July, I’ve been blogging for 11 months

2 - Is blogging your full time job, or a hobby?  Blogging is a hobby for me, but who know where it may lead.

3 - What do you hope to gain from blogging?  I hope to gain inner peace.  I have so much going on in my head and it was a way of getting those thoughts and emotions out and maybe inspire others in some way.

4 - Where do you live? I live in a suburb of Charleston, SC.

5 - Are you happy with where you live?  Yes indeed!  Who wouldn’t want to live 20 miles from several beaches, in a city booming with adventure, host of several festivals, server of many exquisite cuisines, and voted the #1 Travel destination in the US and Canada.

6 - Do you feel you live a life as a realist or someone who always lives in the moment?
This is kind of a tricky question, but those who know me know I’m as real as they come.  I try to live my life with no regrets.  However, I’m very spontaneous.  I can drop something in a minute to do things with or for others.  So, I guess you can say I’m a little bit of both.

7 - Are you where you thought you would be in life, at this stage of your life?  No, not at all.  I thought I would be married by now, instead I am single and an empty- nester.  The empty-nester part doesn’t bother me too much, but it would be nice to have a significant other to share this home with.  I haven’t given up on love and I know God has a plan for me. 

8 - If you are on a journey right now, to make changes in your life, what are they?  I am on a journey to make better choices regarding my health.  Two years ago, I developed some health issues that caused me to not be as active as I once was.  During that time, I put on some weight and I’m now working on getting the weight off and being a better me.

9 - What are some of your favorite things to blog about?  I blog about everyday life.  If you read my blog, you will see I’m all over the place. 

10 - Do you come from a large family? I do come from a large family.  My immediate family is small (Mom, dad, and 2 siblings), but when you count my grandparent, aunts, uncles, cousins, and so on…the list can be endless. 

11 - Do you have a large family or are you more of a loner?  I am a single mom of twin boys/men.  You can read about them here and here. 


To continue the tradition of the award, I would like to nominate other bloggers who are also well deserving of this award.  There are many people that I could nominate.  The first couple that came to mind actually have already received this award so I decided to go with the following:

I nominate: 

My eleven questions for you:
How would you describe yourself?
Why did you decide to start a blog?
What is your happiest blogging experience?
Is blogging your full time job? If not, what is?
How do you organize everything…balancing blogging and the real world?
Do you have a blogging ritual?
What’s your favorite pastime and how do you relax and relieve stress?
Who is your role model?
What advice would you give to your younger self?
What is your favorite quote?
What advice do you have for other bloggers?

Visit my Linking Up page to see where  I am linking this post.

Linking up with http://www.embergrey.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment