Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wino Wednesday: Josh Cellars 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon



My dear friend Michelle, of Grammie Time, approached me with a wonderful idea to add a little twist to our usual Wino Wednesday postings.   Each month we link up with Amanda and Lindsay to share our review of a wine we have recently purchased and partook in.  This month, Michelle and I will be trying something new…together…  somewhat of a virtual wine tasting party.


Michelle selected the wine and I marched right over to the closest store to find it.  And there it was…feeling so privileged to have been chosen.  J

This week, we enjoyed the flavors of Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon and I must say it was indeed a great choice.   I love the story behind this collection of wine.  Joseph Carr named it after his father, Josh, but there is even more of a story behind the name.  Watch this video to learn more. 



 The aroma was very complex, but I could smell a mixture of berries, some oak, and spices.  First taste was a nice, juicy blend of fruits and some tannins.  I had it with the stuffed pork chops I mentioned in an earlier post and some chocolate brownies and it was an excellent pairing.  It was the perfect wine to relax with after a long day.  Reasonably priced at about $13 a bottle, you should definitely consider this one for your next dinner party.



Winemaker’s Notes:
GRAPE VARIETAL
93% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot and 2% Petite Verdot

STYLE
The bouquet is rich with dark fruits, cinnamon, clove and toasty oak flavors. The wine is juicy on the palate with blackcurrant and blackberry flavors prominent, accented by roasted almonds, vanilla and hazelnuts, finishing long with fine, firm tannins.

FOOD PAIRINGS
The complex flavor of this wine complements just about any well-seasoned meat such as beef, pork, or lamb, followed by an indulgent dessert or espresso.





Well, Michelle…Cheers to a great wine tasting! I loved the selection and look forward to our next one.  So, these are my thoughts, what are yours

 If you would like to find some new wine buddies, click the button below and join us!  

You may have missed:

Wino Wednesday:  Biltmore Estate Cabernet


Wino Wednesday: Joy Cellars 2013 Malvasia
Check out my Linking Up page to see where else I'm sharing this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment