Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Currently October


Its hard to believe that October is here.  The weather was beautiful for awhile and then Mother Nature made a strong appearance this past weekend.  The Weather Channel couldn't stop talking about the flooding in Charleston and the surrounding area.  Surprisingly, the entire state of SC has been declared a state of emergency due to storms and flash flooding.  Luckily, my neighborhood was not affected although surrounding streets were closed.  Hopefully, this bad weather is behind us and clearer skies are ahead.
   
Today I'm joining Anne and Jenna for their monthly Currently linkup.  This month's themes are eating, exploring, wearing, admiring, and collecting.

Currently...

Eating: I made it to the grocery store and stocked up on some goodies!  Today, I'm enjoying Cajun seasoned pork chops stuffed with Cajun wild rice.  Oh, and some Ghirardelli chocolate brownies for dessert.  Yum!




Exploring:  All the tweets I favored from The SITS Girls weekly Sharefest Twitter Party... #SITSBlogging .  


Wearing:  The key word for the last few days has been comfort.  Being cooped up in the house due to flooding, I've been lounging around in warm ups and pjs.    Today, I was able to  venture out to the front of my neighborhood to get groceries.  Can't go too far because surrounding roads are still closed.  I'm wearing my Fit Happens t-shirt from Snapfit. I won it during an Instagram giveaway.  Isn't it nice?
                    

Admiring:  All the first responders and emergency service personnel that are risking there lives to ensure the safety of others, especially in SC right now.  God bless you!

Collecting:  Various pumpkin recipes.  I have truly fallen in love with the taste.  First the Pumpkin Spiced Latte at Starbucks.  If you haven't tried it...YOU MUST!!!  I posted about it on Instagram.  Then, my friend Michelle starts writing about pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in this post.  Oh my goodness, they look so yummy! You should check out my newest Pinterest board, Pumpkin Everything.  I'm sure you'll find something to interest you.




So what have you been eating, exploring, wearing, admiring, and collecting lately?  I would love to hear.
Check out my Linking Up page to see where I'm sharing this post.
embergrey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment