Saturday, October 3, 2015

Wappoo Creek Drawbridge

Have you ever watched a drawbridge in action?  Sitting in a local, waterfront restaurant, my friends and I noticed a boat approaching the Wappoo Creek drawbridge.  I am usually on the other side of this event, waiting and sometimes getting frustrated about having to wait so long to get to my destination.

On this day, I began to think about all the intricate details that went into creating a drawbridge and how it operates.  One thought that still lingers is how does the operator know that a boat is coming?  Is there some way to notify them or is it up to the operator to be extremely alert?  Is there someone there 24 hours a day on watch? Are there specific times set up for boaters to pass?  Have you ever thought of these details?


 









Are there things in your everyday travels that you have taken for granted? Things that may seem trivial to you, but are important to others?

See where I'm linking up this post by visiting my "Linking Up" page?

No comments:

Post a Comment