Tuesday, June 23, 2015

This Is My Fight Song

When I saw this week’s That’s What She Said prompt, What is your fight song?, the first thing that came to mind was, I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor…

Go on now, go…walk out the door.  Just turn around now, ‘cause you’re not welcomed anymore.
Oh no, not I!  I will survive!  Oh as long as I know how to love, I know I’ll stay alive.

Many people know this song as a heart-break survival song, but this song is a survival of anything song.  At least that’s how I think of the main chorus.

Many songs began to ramble through my mind as I began to seriously think about it.  When I’m emotional drained due to stress, I always fall back onto gospel.  With everything that is going on in the nation and especially here in the lowcountry (Charleston) at this time, it helps to turn to the Lord.  Many songs have helped me to win that fight.

Let it Rain…  “Open the floodgates of Heaven.  Let it rain."
“It’s raining”…
This is God pouring down all of his beautiful blessings upon you.  This is also you releasing all of the pain inside and just letting go and letting God.
“I feel the rain”… (The healing is starting to begin)





Another is My God is Awesome
“My God is awesome
He can move mountains,
 Keep me in the valley,
 Hide me from the rain. 
 (In this instance the rain symbolizes pain.)

My God is awesome,
Heals me when I’m broken,
 Strength where I’ve been weaken,
 Forever he will reign. “





And finally, Every Praise
Every praise is to my God
Every word of worship with one accord
Every praise, every praise is to our God

Sing hallelujah to our God
Glory hallelujah is due our God
Every praise, every praise is to our God

God my Savior, God my Healer, God my Deliverer…Yes He Is…Yes He Is!!!




I can look back over my life and see where God has brought me from.  These are my fight songs.  If you don’t have any of your own, I hope that mine can provide you with some comfort with anything that you are struggling with at this time. There are many others I could have included, but didn’t want to take over the entire blog.  Some others I would like to just mention are as follows:

I Give Myself Away and Here I Am to Worship.



Do you have any fight songs to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment