Sunday, November 1, 2015

Currently November

Are you keeping up with the little things that you are currently doing ?  If not, then you should join Anne and Jenna for their monthly link up.  Here is what I've been up to lately.

Currently...

Cooking:  Soup, soup, and more soup.  I love soup and can't really enjoy it during the summer months.  I don't particularly like to eat soup when it’s warm, because it warms me up inside and I don't need the extra heat with this humidity in Charleston.  My favorite soup to make is Taco Soup. The recipe is simple.




Brown some ground turkey and one small onion.  Drain and then place in a crock pot.  You can use a regular pot on the stove if you choose.  Add 2 packs of taco seasoning and ranch powder to the meat mixture.  Add the following without draining and allow to simmer for 1 hour:
 2 cans of pinto or chili beans...I prefer chili beans (1 spicy)
 2 cans of stewed tomatoes (Mexican)
 2 cans of corn
Optional:  Add cumin to taste and top with cheese.

Serve and enjoy!




Planning:  A cruise for the summer.  Yes, summer is always on my mind.  My friends and I are taking a 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise.  I'm excited!


Smelling: 
 Burberry Summer...It’s my favorite scent. If you are looking to explore different scents, but don't want to risk the price, then check out Scentbird.
Image source

Give it a try for just $14.95/month. Use my unique link and enjoy a free month supply courtesy of ME!  http://www.Scentbird.com/r/lowandajamison2  
You won't be disappointed.


Appreciating:  The cooler weather. It gets so hot in Charleston and I must say I have a true appreciation for Fall now.  We don't usually have a true fall in Charleston.  Want proof, here's a picture of the tree in my front yard. 

It's November and its just starting to turn colors. If I take a picture of it next week, it will probably be all brown with naked limbs.  We usually have Summer and Winter in Charleston...well if you can call it winter.  Our winter has a mixture of summer in it.  I'm not joking.  My neighbors moved here two years ago from New Hampshire and Vermont (newlyweds then) and they were like what is up with the weather.  One January day, she was out jogging in shorts and a tank top because it was so hot.  I'll give more updates on weather in future posts.  


Anticipating:
  Spending time with my family for the holidays.  I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving.  We always travel to Charlotte, NC where my cousin hosts our annual dinner.  Not everyone comes each year, because they have to share time spent with both sides of their family.  We generally have between 20 and 30 people attend in a given year. You can read the post I wrote about last years event here. This year, we welcomed in a new arrival to our family and I will get to meet him for the first time this Thanksgiving!  Baby Charles arrived this summer and we are all excited.  He and his parents live in Washington D.C. and they have already responded to our family post that they would be attending this year's feast!  Yay!!!  


Now, its your turn.  What are you currently up to?  Join us or share with me below.  See where I am sharing this post by visiting my 
Linking Up page. 

EmberGrey

No comments:

Post a Comment