Monday, November 2, 2015

Wino Wednesday November

This month I'm joining Amanda and Lindsay for their Wino Wednesday series, featured the first Wednesday of each month.  I'm a wine lover and love to share it with others so why not share it with you guys, right?

Johann Falkenburg Riesling 2014

Take a look at the jewel I found the other week at Sam's Club!  

It was time to stock up and this bottle quickly caught my eye.  Isn't it a beauty?  I didn't even realize how BIG it was until I got it home.  When I went to place it with the rest of its family, I had to laugh at myself.  It doesn't even fit in my wine rack.  Its too tall for the shelves in my pantry and I wouldn't dare put wine on the floor.  I have placed it on the counter, but every time I go to open a cabinet I have to move it out of the way.

I guess I was so mesmerized by the beauty of the bottle, I didn't even notice it's size!

When I am picking out a Riesling, I always go for the German brand.  Their light bodied blends have just the right amount of sweetness and they  pair well with just about everything.  This particular bottle has hints of peach and melon.  Not too dry and just the right amount of sweetness with a pleasant aftertaste.


Winemaker's Notes:

Pairs well with starters, mild seafood, fruits, desserts,
 or as an interesting contrast to spicy Asian cuisine.
Flavor scale = 3 for Medium Sweet

With the holidays right around the corner, I've been thinking about gifts to get for others.  Its masculine, blue body and subtle curves will make a great gift for a man or a woman.  Looking
 for a hostess gift for the holidays? This would be a great choice.  



 Wino Wednesday

What are your favorite wines?  I'm always looking for something new to try so please share.  :)

Check out my Linking Up page to see where I'm sharing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment