Sunday, November 30, 2014

Today we give thanks!

I always look forward to this time of year because I enjoy spending time with my family.  Family is everything to me and I'm blessed to be a part of a wonderfully, large, and loving one.

(For some reason, we could not get all the men together at the same time to take a pic.  Sorry.)


It has become a tradition for us to gather in Charlotte, NC at my cousin's house to partake in food and fellowship and to focus on things we are thankful for. Family comes from near and far and we're always excited to see each other. 






 Our lovely host, Beverly,
 slaves away in the kitchen for hours the night before prepping and preparing her contribution to today's feast.


 Everyone brings one of their signature dishes or something delectable from the store if time wasn't on their side to prepare anything.  Time was not on my side this year, so I brought a red velvet cake, some croissants, and a selection of wine.

Yes, we already started drinking the Mirassou; we couldn't resist!


 My aunt sliced the cake before I could take a pic of it.  :)





My cousin Ramona mulled her own red wine and it was delicious! 


The selection of food included turkey, ham, macaroni and cheese, Asian rice, stuffing, veggies of all sorts, and an arrangement of desserts that would make anyone smile.


Looks yummy, right?!?!

And this is only half of the desserts!

My plate


After everyone has stuffed their bellies, we just enjoyed each other's company with fun and laughter.  The men go watch football, of course.  Just my luck, I'm a little under the weather this year and I'm losing my voice, but this doesn't stop me from enjoying the fun.  I'm so thankful to have the family that I have and wish the holidays would never end!


I would love to hear how you spent your Thanksgiving. What are your Thanksgiving traditions and how did you spend yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment