Friday, February 19, 2016

Thank You Notes: Flint, Michigan and Shondaland

It's important to show thanks for all that we have in our lives. Giving thanks and having positive thoughts not only make you happy, they make the world a happier place to live.  I wanted to share with you a few things that I am thankful for at this time.

Thank you Mother Nature for the random warm and sunny days we have had, because I am so ready for Spring to get here.

Thanks to whomever provides us with clean water.  I've been reviewing the crisis in Flint, Michigan and I'm deeply sadden by what has happened. 

I've attached a video with a timeline of the events.


Thank you middle-schooler, in my district, who proposed a plan to help the citizens of Flint.  Thanks that my school has decided to participate in helping the families in Flint, Michigan. We have several teachers from Michigan and while I was preparing a presentation for my principal, one teacher walked in my office to see what I was doing.  When I explained to her that the district would be participating in their relief efforts, she began to tear up.  She just moved from Michigan this pass summer to work with us.  She has jumped in and decided to spearhead this initiative and I will be assisting her.  We are now thinking of ways to get the students rolling and I came up with a class competition.  One class, per grade level, would win a popcorn or pizza party or some other form of celebration.  

Thank you loving family for coming to spend Valentine's Day with me.  Okay, it was the day before, but you get the picture.  Wish my other son could have been home to join us.


Thank you Shonda Rhimes for your creative genius-ness and for providing us with an entertaining night of television.  Yes, I'm obsessed with #TGIT!!!  Anyone else out there with me?  I mean, who else could pack all this action into one single night? Nothing can top Shondaland!  If you are not watching Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and/or How To Get Away With Murder you are truly missing out.  Like, who knew red wine would taste so good with popcorn?!?! (You have to watch to know what I'm talking about)

And finally, thanks to whomever made February 18th National Drink Wine Day!

Did you notice the frenzy all over social media?  It was like the closet winos found a reason to celebrate.  Everyone was flying out of the woodwork to do what seems so natural to me.   Remember this...

And this...
Did you notice the caption reference?  And... well you get the picture (tee hee hee)!

But...if you would like to tame your inner wine beast, you should do this...Click this link


 https://www.clubw.com/w5n1unwsvx and enjoy a free bottle on me!  I've spoken about this here and here and here...
See how excited I am for you to join me!  Cheers!  :)
So what are you thankful for?  I would love for you to share below.


No comments:

Post a Comment