Friday, October 3, 2014

World Smile Day


I'm naturally a happy person.  I guess I was just born that way.  I tend to look for the good in everyone and everything that crosses my path.  I enjoy the simple things in life, like the smell of rain, the sounds of birds chirping,  and children laughing. The first Friday of October has been hailed as World Smile Day.  It was founded in 1999 by Mr. Harvey Bell, the gentleman who created the famous yellow smiley face .

 World Smile Day is a day to pay it forward so to speak.  A day to perform an act of kindness and put a smile on someone's face.   So it got me thinking, what can I do to brighten someone's day?  Buy a co-worker a cup of coffee, leave someone a note of thanks, take a sick friend a bowl of soup.  The list could be endless.  So what makes me happy?  I've compiled a list of 10 things that truly bring a smile to my face.  


Me, myself, and I....I crack myself up!  I love my smile.   I think my laugh is weird, but others seem to like it.  I'm thinking it's definitely unique because people will say, "I'd know that laugh anywhere" if they hear me before they see me.







My twin boys...                                                
They have made me smile every since the day I met them. 
 March 9, will always be special to me.  It was the day I became a mom.  Not one, but two beautiful babies, unique in their own way.  They continue to bring joy to my life.






The students I work with I'm a middle school counselor and kids can sometimes say the darndest things. 

I love chocolate.   I repeat...I LOVE CHOCOLATE!   Its one of my two addictions.  My other comes up later.

Reality TV...yes I love reality TV, but not the wild, outrageous stuff like The Housewives series.  I'm more of the "real" reality show watcher.  Shows like Survivor, The Voice, The Bachelor/ Bachelorette, Shark Tank,  America's Next Top Model, The Amazing Race, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition....oh how I miss that show, Extreme Makeover Weight Lost, and The Biggest Loser...Ummhh, Ummhh, Ummhh  love watching me some Dolvett! !!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Ellen Degeneres...
Enough Said!         




Helping Others
Doing things for others and knowing that I've made a difference in their lives in some way.  I'll never be rich because I love helping people  If I ever became rich, I'd be able to help more. 


Coffee... even just the smell of it. 


Wine (my other obsession) it's just makes everything better; a bad day, a happy day, time with friends, whatever.  Its the perfect ending to any day! Mirrassou is my favorite!


My family and friends
I am truly blessed to have a wonderful, fun-loving family who supports each other and just simply love each other.  We get together for various occasions.  Two special times are Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.  For many years now, we have been gathering for Thanksgiving dinner and  Christmas Eve.  You will find about 25-30 of us feasting and in  fellowship.  About 15 of us are a regular staple and the other family members are those that live afar who interchangeably come when they are able to.  My friends are like family and truly that's how I see them.  I enjoy spending time with my family and friends and wouldn't change them for anything in the world. 

What makes you smile? Share a list of 10 things that make you happy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment