Saturday, October 18, 2014

Bring on the Weekend!

Is it Friday yet?  Thank goodness!  I don't know what I would do if it wasn't.  This week has been extremely busy and I am totally exhausted! 

I began the week, returning from a very rewarding Bloggy Boot Camp conference. The SITS girls hosted in Atlanta which afforded me an opportunity to visit with family.  I have several, first-cousins that live in  Atlanta and the surrounding area and now a new member has joined the family. 


Welcome Baby Ari...

This little princess is so loved and I'm sure you can see why!  It is such a blessing to be able to  spend time with family, but all good things must come to an end. Bummer!  Now its time to hit the road and begin the long journey home (I really should have taken Monday off).   The 5 hour drive wasn't too bad because my cousin got me fueled up on a couple of cups of piping hot Joe! Tasty and toasty for this cool Autumn day.  It definitely kept me alert.  

Driving can definitely take a toll on you and  mix that with the fun and excitement of a women's conference, it can be very taxing on one's body. A good night's rest was definitely due, but morning came quicker than I expected.  I returned to work on Monday, approached with all the happenings of Friday past.  Some of my students just didn't know how to behave while I was out of the building.  Of course their actions are confidential, but you should know I was one unhappy mama.  

Assessment Day is upon us and there was a lot to do to prepare.  Each grade level will be participating in some sort of college and career readiness assessment.  Some of our students would be taking the PSAT, while others would be taking a practice assessment to prepare them for the SAT in January.  It's bullying prevention month so I am also preparing a few classroom lessons. My focus is on Cyberbullying and Internet Safety.  I love this lesson and I know my students gain valuable information from it.  Since I was out of the building last Friday, I also have students that are waiting to see me.  A counselor's job is never a slow one.  :)


This is a lot to cram into one week, right?  Well add an evening of fun with  friends and it can be more overwhelming than you think.  A new restaurant 
had a "soft" opening in the middle of the week and how could I resist free food.  I mean, really?!?!   Well, hanging out in the middle of a busy week only added to my exhaustion.  Now I am paying the price and will definitely need the weekend to recuperate.    Hopefully I will find time to write about my conference experience so be sure to check back soon.  How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment