Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Strength in the Time of a Storm




 So many people are dealing with so much pain yet they continue to thrive, day after day, without anyone having the slightest knowledge of such.  Over the past few years I've experienced the loss of so many schoolmates.  I've also lost close friends at an early age. Three and a half years ago, my friend Sonta passed unexpectedly from a blood clot; she was only 39.  


(Sorry for the blurriness)
A year later, my coworker and friend Matt died from injuries he sustained in a car accident at the age of 34.  


(Must protect the identity of our students)
Many people are dealing with various issues in their lives. Whether it be an illness, mentally or physically, and yet they go on with their lives without anyone suspecting differently. Sometimes, I hide behind the smile that so many people have said lights up their day. But don't we all?




I kept looking at this week's prompt and the word strength continued to come to mind. I didn't know exactly what I was going to write until I learned about the passing of yet another schoolmate from breast cancer.  I had no idea she was suffering from this terrible disease that has taken away so many people from the ones they love.  I have known too many people who have lost their lives to cancer and I am blessed to say that my father is a cancer survivor. 



 So for this week's post I write about strength; Strength in the time of a storm.  And I ask that we all pay homage to everyone who is suffering yet continues to strive on. 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment