Thursday, June 16, 2016

Summer Essentials

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of summer are lazy days and cool breezes.  Not sure why I thought of the latter because we don't get much of a breeze unless we're near the beach.  The summers can be brutal here in Charleston.  It’s like one heatwave after another.  But you can't let that ruin your fun.  The blaring rays of summer may try to beat you down, but there are ways to protect yourself.  Today, I'm sharing with you ten essential items you will need to beat the heat in the south.





Sunscreen:  It's a must!  I strongly advise you to not leave home without it.  Sunscreen is so important for your skin to.  I don't know about you, but I have one for my face and another for my body.  I tend to use face lotion that already has sun protection in it.  If not, Neutrogena has a great one for your face that won't clog your pores or cause break outs.

Source
Lip balm:  Lips get sunburned as well and it’s not a good feeling.  When our lips lose moisture, they begin to feel dry and stiff and they may even crack.  Keep them moisturized with a good coat of protection such as Carmex.  Carmex is my go to for smooth and moist lips.
Source
A personal towel:  No joke.  If you're planning to walk around in our neck of the woods, you had better have a towel or hanky ready.  Perspiration is second nature here.


Deodorant:  Speaking of perspiration, don't forget to apply deodorant.  Please don't leave home without it. Enough said.  

Source
Hand Sanitizer:  If you are out and about, have this handy to keep your hands fresh and clean.


Face wipes:  These work wonders for a quick freshen up.  Keeps you from feeling so sweaty.

Source
Body mist:  During the afternoon heat, a light refreshing fragrance is all you need to complete your attire for the day.  They are refreshing, a good way to cool the body, and they smell great.  Save the heavy stuff for your evening out. Check out your local Bath and Body Works for a wide selection to choose from. My favorite scent is back this summer!  Yay!
Source
Water:  It is so important to keep our bodies hydrated.  Water replenishes what we burn off and it’s an essential must for the hot days of summer. Check out this amazing, refreshing video from Dasani.  Ahhh...



                                                                Source
Hats:  Not a favorite of mine, but when the sun is blaring, a hat or visor is sometimes needed.





Sunglasses:  And last but not least, you have to be sure to protect your eyes.  A great pair of #sunnies will do the trick.  Did you see my pick from the Warby Parker collection?  They were definitely helping me to #SeeSummerBetter.




Well this is my list of essentials that have helped me through the summer heat.  
What are some of yours?

See who I am Linking Up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment