Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Wino Wednesday: Chateau De Fabregues Costieres de Nimes 2015

April is here and spring is in full effect.  Birds are chirping and flowers are in bloom.  Beautiful hints of spring all around us.  Its Wino Wednesday time and if you remember my post from last month, I was asked to a virtual wine tasting by my good friend Michelle.

Well we couldn't go back solo without allowing me to make a suggestion.  So, yes...it's another virtual wine tasting and this month we are sampling a taste of spring.


With warmer days in our mist, I felt the need to cool things off a bit with the refreshing and fruity taste of a Rose'.  My choice for this month was Chateau De Fabregues ~ Costieres de Nimes.  A long name with long lasting flavor.  The first thing you may notice is the luscious, pink color peeking out of its beautiful glass bottle.  It was spring break and I was so excited to be with my girls that I forgot to take a decent picture of the bottle before serving it. So these will have to suffice.

  Its long, lean neck and full body is so cute and flirty that it even held a "tiara" on its head.  Did you notice the cute glass stopper?


Chateau De Fabregues is the perfect blend of Grenache and Syrah.  It is full-bodied and full of fruit flavor, but very light and refreshing.  It pairs well with seafood, poultry, salads and other light dishes.  I served it with salami, prosciutto, various cheeses, veggies and fruit, pasta salad and a little bit of other great wine night goodies.  It practically goes with anything.


At about $13 a bottle, Chateau De Fabregues Costieres de Nimes aims to please allowing you to drink pink this spring and all year long!  Don't forget to stop by Michelle's to see her thoughts.  

Do you have any suggestions of a great rose'?  What other wines would you recommend?  




Other sites I'm Linking Up with.


Related posts:  Wino Wednesday Josh Cellars

                          Wino Wednesday Biltmore Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
                                   
                          Wino Wednesday Joy Cellars 2013 Malvasia

No comments:

Post a Comment