Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Currently: Mixed Emotions

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've been on here, but its been for good reasons.  As you will see below, I began working on this post about a month ago.  I haven't been in the mood to write much and my focus has been on other things.

Currently:

Closing: Out another school year.  The end of this year was a rough one.  We were presented with a new test again this year.  We still have PASS testing for science and social studies, but the last two years have been different test for English, Writing, and Math.  With new test come new challenges.  It literally took the last six weeks of the school year away from counseling.  Counselors have to prepare all the test, and the process is too hard to explain.  We spend hour after hour in what we respectfully refer to as "The Dungeon".  One of our veteran teachers, who tends to work late, saw us one evening leaving out the same time he was.  His words to us were, "The trolls our out of their cave."  We all had a good laugh about it.  I'm just glad it's all over.


Grieving:  The loss of my uncle.  The eve of my last day of work, I received a phone call from my dad that really struck me hard.  His brother had passed that morning.  I had just spoken with Uncle George about two weeks ago and was looking forward to seeing him this summer. We held a memorial service for him on Saturday and everyone had such wonderful things to say about him I know that he is in a better place and is watching over all of us from above.  I just truly miss him.

Getting Inspired:  I just returned from the 2016 Education Business Summit and received a lot of inspiration for the upcoming school year.  I even got to meet Chef Jeff Henderson of Flip My Food.  He was one of our keynote speakers and he was AWESOME!  His story is definitely worth knowing.


Disappointed;  I participated in a box swap recently and was really looking forward to some happy mail on my return from the summit, but was sadly disappointed.  My partner did not follow through.  Well I hope she liked the gift I sent her.

Reviewing: Various things from Influenster.  Most recently was ZzzQuil and it really works.  It helps me fall asleep and stay asleep without waking up groggy.  I received my sample free for testing purposes and I think I will be buying some once school is back in session.  Want to join Influenster and get free goodies? Join here.



Thinking:  I have a lot on my mind and so much to ponder.  This is usually a more upbeat time of year for me and I 'm always looking forward to summer.  This year, I'm just not feeling it.  I don't feel like writing.  I don't have the energy to get out and go as usual.  I don't know.  Just kinda in a blah mood.  A lot of things to sort out for myself so you won't be seeing me much in the blogosphere.  But I will pop up every now and then. I have enjoyed reading others post and discovering new bloggers.  So you may not see much from me here, but I'll be around.  Until next time...Peace.


Do you go through periods where you have mixed emotions?  What are you currently up to?
Check out my Linking Up page to see where I'm sharing this post and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment